Welcome to The University of Virginia's Counseling and Psychological Services Community Provider Database. This database is intended to assist UVa students who are interested in connecting with mental health providers in the Charlottesville area. Please use this database to identify mental health services that are best suited to your needs. If you need additional support connecting with a community provider contact CAPS at 434-243-5150.
- If you are a UVa student in crisis or you are concerned about another UVa student contact Counseling and Psychological Services at 434-243-5150.
- In the event of a life threatening emergency Dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- For a behavioral health emergency call Region Ten Emergency Services at 434-972-1800.
- Additional help can also be accessed through the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK.
- For information on local mental health and substance abuse services visit www.helphappenshere.org or call 434-227-0641.
The clinical providers participating in this referral database supply their own information about their services. CAPS cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information provided. CAPS is unable to endorse any particular clinical provider that is listed. It is important to verify fees and insurance accepted prior to your appointment. CAPS verifies mental health clinical providers are licensed and in good standing with the Commonwealth of Virginia upon initial approval for this database, however CAPS is not responsible for continually monitoring licensure status. It is the responsibility of the clinical provider to notify CAPS if the provider receives a reprimand, violation, suspension, or revocation of their professional clinical license. Some providers on this database are license-eligible, meaning they are under the supervision of a licensed clinician. In that case, the supervisor’s license is verified. CAPS encourages students and users of this database to verify their chosen provider’s license by visiting Virginia's license lookup website https://dhp.virginiainteractive.org/Lookup/Index .
SEARCH FOR REFERRALS HERE: